- Home / Terms of Service
- Terms of Service
The National Ecosystem Science Data Bank (EcoDB) formulates the Terms (also referred to as “Agreement”) to respect intellectual property, protect the rights and interests of data authors and data service providers, and maintain the Internet security. Before using all the services on this site, please carefully read the following terms. If you disagree to unconditionally accept all the terms in the Agreement, you are not authorized to use the services.
- Rules of use
1. Users shall abide by the relevant laws and regulations of the People's Republic of China on the intellectual property protection, the computer security and the Internet communication, and shall not use the site to engage in any illegal activities.
2. Users can browse this website without logging into EcoDB. However, for some services, users have to register their accounts and log in to this website. Users should fill in true personal information when registering the account. If the users’ personal information is changed, it should be modified on this site in time. If the information provided by users is incomplete or incorrect, the platform can refuse to provide services. When creating the username, users ought to pay attention to the following issues.
(1) You should not choose or use others’ username to impersonate other people;
(2) You should not use usernames that may infringe upon the rights of others without authorization;
(3) You should not use usernames that are malicious, vulgar, obscene or violating laws and regulations.
Users shall be fully responsible for your behavior and keep your password confidential. Without clear permission, users should not use another person’s account. If users find any unauthorized use of your account or other account security vulnerabilities, you shall immediately inform the site by email or other forms.
3. Users have the following responsibilities for the submitted data.
(1) Users ought to guarantee that they are the owner of the submitted data. Make sure that the submitted data is clear in property rights and free of property rights disputes.
(2) Users should ensure the originality, authenticity, reliability and integrity of the submitted data, and eradicate data fraud.
(3) Users should guarantee that the submitted data meet the requirements of relevant regulations and policies. There is no secret-related content, and improper information involving human privacy, biosafety and endangering public safety in the submitted data.
4. When submitting the data to EcoDB, users have to specify the licensing requirements of dataset. EcoDB provides six kinds of data license agreements for data authors to choose. Users shall abide by the corresponding license when using the dataset on this site. The details of six kinds of data license agreements are as follows.
(1) CC BY 4.0: When the dataset is shared under CC BY 4.0 condition, users are free to copy, distribute, show and disseminate the data to the public through the information network. The original data can be modified, transformed and recreated by the users for commercial purposes on the premise of retaining the signature of the data author or authorized person.
(2) CC BY-SA 4.0: When the dataset is shared under CC BY-SA 4.0 condition, users are free to copy, distribute, show and disseminate the data to the public through the information network. The original data can be modified, transformed and recreated by the users for commercial purposes. However, all dataset created on the basis of the data under CC BY-SA 4.0 condition must be consistent with the data sharing protocol of this data and have to retain the signature of the data author or authorized person.
(3) CC BY-ND 4.0: When the dataset is shared under CC BY-ND 4.0 condition, users can't modify or convert the data. When copying, publishing, showing and spreading the data to the public through network information, they have to use the complete original data. The data can be disseminated for commercial purposes on the premise of retaining the signature of the data author or authorized person.
(4) CC BY-NC 4.0: When the dataset is shared under CC BY-NC 4.0 condition, users are free to copy, distribute, show and disseminate the data to the public through the information network. The original data can be modified, transformed, but not be recreated for commercial purposes. Meanwhile, all dataset shared under CC BY-NC 4.0 condition have to retain the signature of the data author or authorized person.
(5) CC BY-NC-SA 4.0: When the dataset is shared under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 condition, users are free to modified, transformed, copy, distribute, show and disseminate the data to the public through the information network for non-commercial purposes. However, all dataset created on the basis of the data under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 condition must be consistent with the data sharing protocol of this data and need to retain the signature of the data author or authorized person.
(6) CC BY-NC-ND 4.0: When the dataset is shared under CC BY-NC-CD 4.0 condition, users can download and share the data on the premise of retaining the signature of the data author or authorized person. The dataset can not be modified or used for commercial purposes.
5. When using the data of EcoDB, users must follow the data license agreement specified by the data owner (For the specific meaning of each data license, please refer to rule 4). In order to protect the rights and interests of data authors, users must clearly indicate the data author and data source in a prominent position of the relevant achievements (including published papers, treatises, data products, and unpublished research reports, data products, system, etc.) which are produced on the basis of the data provided by this site. If users produce research results based on the data provided by this site, they must clearly indicate the data author and data source on the prominent position of relevant results to protect the rights and interests of data authors. In addition to the special requirements for the signature of the data source, the users must indicate the data source according to the following requirements.
(1) The format of acknowledgement:
“Dataset is provided by National Ecosystem Data Bank (http://ecodb.cern.ac.cn)”
(2) The format of Citation:
When the data of EcoDB are regarded as the reference data, users have to cite the data with the formal citation. For specific requirements, please refer to Citation on the dataset details page.
6. It is strictly forbidden for any individual or organization to use abnormal means to bulk download data and documents in this site without authorization. Once the above situation is discovered, the site has the right to stop the users from accessing the site, and report it to the relevant departments if necessary.
7. If users violate the laws and regulations or the rules of this website when using the data of EcoDB, the right to use data will be terminated unconditionally.
8. When EcoDB provides the shared data to users, it also provides corresponding data description. If users have any questions when using EcoDB website, they can directly communicate with the data providers or the administrators of this site.
9. If the user violates any rules of this Agreement, the National Ecosystem Science Data Center has the right to take back the data and related resources provided by this site. Users who violate rules will not be allowed to retain or share any copy data of the site or use any recreated results, and shall compensate the provider for all economic loss caused by breach of contract and infringement.
- Copyright Dispute Policies
1. The copyright of all data and materials on the website of EcoDB belongs to the original data authors. If individuals or organizations find that the content on this site infringes their rights and interests, they can try to contact the data provider to solve the problems. If the user can't reach the data authors, or solve the problems by communicating with the data authors, you can complain to us through our service account (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Please be sure to submit true, effective, complete and clear materials in order to ensure that the problems can be handled in a timely manner, otherwise the complaint will not be accepted.
2. National Ecosystem Science Data Center will take the following actions for copyright infringement according to relevant laws and regulations. For any copyright-protected materials illegally copied or disseminated by advertisers, content providers, registered users or other users, this site has the right to terminate the services to them, ban them from accessing this site, and file legal proceedings against them as appropriate .
1. Based on the changes of relevant laws, rules and regulations, or due to business development needs, this site has the righlt to modify and replace the Terms of Services at any time at its discretion. This site has the right to modify, suspend or terminate services at any time (including the usability of functions, database or content, etc), and publish the modified Agreement on this page. If users continue to use this site, it shall be deemed as you accept all the modifications of Terms made by this site.
2. EcoDB will try the best to protect the users’ personal information from being leaked in accordance with the law. However, this site is not responsible for any information disclosure caused by law-enforcement agencies and for the public safety.
3. The website of EcoDB may contain the links to third-party websites, but this site is not responsible for the contents of any linked websites.
4. EcoDB strictly selects all kinds of data and materials, but does not promise to modify the defects that may exist in the data and the inconsistency between data and reality. This site does not take any responsibility for defects of data itself.